From Conjugial Love ~ Emanuel SwedenborgThe doctrinal ideas of the Church which is meant by the 'New Jerusalem' are as follows:
- (1) There is one God, in whom is the Divine Trinity, and He is the Lord Jesus Christ.
- (2) Saving faith is to believe in Him.
- (3) Evils are to be shunned as sins, because they are of the devil and from the devil.
- (4) Goods are to be done, because they are of God and from God.
- (5) They are to be done by a man as of himself; yet he must believe that they are from the Lord with him and through him.
(Conjugial Love 82)